2019 promises to be an exciting year in housing law. New legislation, a new governor, and we can pretty much guarantee that cities will find new ways to violate state law. They do it every year.
The good news is CaRLA is keeping on top of it so you don’t have to! We’re excited to announce our first housing law workshop of the year: February 2nd, 2:00pm at 2044 Franklin St in Oakland! At this workshop you’ll learn:
- What is the HAA?
- How does the HAA enable the construction of new housing?
- When do cities violate the HAA and what can be done to prevent it?
- How is the HAA enforced, and who can do it? (Spoilers: anyone can!)
- What are the rules for by-right approval of an ADU?
- How do ADUs fit in with the HAA?
RSVP is not required, but we greatly encourage it. Doing so will help us ensure we have sufficient materials prepared in advance. If you have questions about the workshop, including requests to cover specific questions, shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org